View Single Post
Old October 2nd, 2012, 01:38 PM
Admiral

As everyone else has already stated, you really need to look at the various methods, consider the pricing, consider the time, and consider the trouble involved in each one.

Unless I missed something, I didn't see two other options; train or bus. Both are available from Seattle to Vancouver. Also, cruise lines provide their own transfers, which can be more expensive than doing it yourself, but are easy and hassle-free.

Flying directly into Vancouver may cost more, but can be less hassle. So it's a personal choice.

We love flying into Vancouver because they have a great way of handling cruise passengers with their US Direct service for those who purchase the cruise line's transfers and are flying in the day of the cruise. We check our baggage at Dulles Airport and don't see them again until they arrive in our cabin on the ship. Very quick & easy. Of course, if you're flying in a day or two before the cruise, then this will not apply. And if you've never been to Vancouver, I definitely suggest spending at least a day or two sightseeing. It's a beautiful city with great people.

Pete
47 Cruises & Counting! Favorites: Paul Gauguin to Tahiti: Uniworld River Cruises in Europe; any of the Celebrity Solstice-class ships; Holland America for 12-nights in the Baltics & Russia; RCCL for 14-night Greek Isles, Turkey, & Croatia; Holland America for 14-day Alaska cruisetour; 10-night Canada/New England cruise; 21 days in Hawaii including a 7-night NCL cruise; Oceania for 25 days in Asia; & 3 months touring Europe by train. And many days spent in all-inclusive resorts!